RATES INCLUDE FOUR MEALS A DAY + ALL GAME DRIVES
Phone on +27 (0) 82 651 2868
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the Contact Us page) OR
Click the button below to check availability and make a booking online.
Tusker, Duiker & Family Suite
- R 2 180 pp sharing per night
- R 2 398 single per night
- R 2 380 pp sharing per night
- R 2 618 single per night
- R 2 280 pp sharing per night
- R 2 498 single per night
- R 2 480 pp sharing per night
- R 2 718 single per night
- Two daily game drives
- Transfers to and from the hide during the day
- All meals
- Beverages from the bar and drinks consumed whilst on game drives
- Gratuity (tips)
- Spa treatments
- WiFi (nominal daily charge payable)
- R 1 650 pp sharing per night
- R 1 815 single per night
- R 1 850 pp sharing per night
- R 2 035 single per night
- R 110 – per vehicle with 1 to 10 passengers
- R 220 – per vehicle with 11 to 20 passengers
- R 330 – per vehicle with more than 20 passengers
- R 70 pp (SA Residents)
- R 140 pp (Internationals)
- Children aged 3 – 11 yrs old pay half price. Children aged 12 and older are charged the adult rate.
There are no card facilities at the gate so please ensure that you have cash for the gate fees and conservation levies.
- A Glamping safari experience in our air-conditioned tents.
- R1650 pppd (4×4 self-drive). All meals included.
- R2180 pppd including game drives & all meals.
We’re often asked: How can Tembe Elephant Lodge offer comfortable safari-style accommodation along with all meals and 2 daily game drives at a fraction of the price of similar game lodges in southern Africa?
The answer is a combination of generous donor-funding, subsidised accommodation and our participation in what has become the most successful community-based conservation initiative in the country.
Basically, all the tented accommodation rooms and buildings at Tembe have been pre-funded by donors, visitors are not charged for what is essentially subsidised accommodation.
This means our daily rate for visitors must only cover the running costs of the lodge – staffing, vehicles, food, maintenance of facilities and utilities, etc.
As a community -owned and managed lodge it is vital to ensure that the Tembe community can all experience the benefits of tourism. To this end, any surplus from visitor revenue is put into job creation, creating new posts on an ongoing basis to accommodate as many community members as we can. We believe that the support of a community that has been economically empowered through tourism is the way to secure the future of Tembe Elephant Park for generations to come..
It’s an unusual and unique model that benefits both the people of Tembe and visitors like yourself, who can enjoy an unforgettable bushveld experience in our pristine reserve at a price that, we certainly hope, will keep you coming back again and again.